Tuesday, November 4, 2014

blank is safe

Writing is too personal. You'd think, with someone as cynical as me, I could come up with a library of tension to develop in my characters. But pain is too personal, not only for myself but for everyone. Sometimes I tell myself it won't be so bad--I'll just shut my eyes and hit "publish" and everything will be fine as long as there is ignorance, right?

And many times, no one sees it anyways. But it's still too uncomfortable. Not only could someone have read your work without you knowing and realize how human you are, you might also have to face something far worse than the secret judgement of your friends. You might actually have to confront something in your life that you purposely ignore.

Art is a strange thing. There's really no way to go about it that isn't personal. There shouldn't be, anyway. Then what would be the point of art?


1 comment :

  1. this is gorgeous and so freaking true. I can relate to pretty much every syllable. Keep on making good art, sis. (;

    ReplyDelete